The Board is please to announce another record quarter with sales for the quarter ending 31 March 2017 exceeding $3.8 million. This result reflects continued development of Jat’s supply of quality Australian products and a strong working relationship with Daigou groups.
JAT’s Fast Moving Consumer Goods strategy takes advantage of several powerful, long term trends affecting trade between Australia and China.
CHINA / AUSTRALIA TRADE MEGATRENDS
- A massive and growing Chinese middle class. Estimated to be between 109 and 145 million people and growing, this group is following a pattern regarded as standard for developing economies: as disposable income increases, private consumption increases, not only in absolute terms, but also proportionally.
- An ageing population. China’s demography is undergoing significant change, becoming one of the world’s fastest ageing nations, creating massive demand for healthcare and for pharmaceutical and personal care products and services.
- A cultural shift. Chinese dietary and consumer goods consumption patterns are becoming more international and more westernized.
- Australian products: healthy and safe. Australia is perceived as a natural source of safe and healthy products benefiting from strict and consumer protection laws.
- ChAFTA entered into force in December 2015 with some tarrifs falling immediately and many more scheduled between then and January 2029. This will provide a continuing source of opportunities over coming decades.